Last Updated on 08/25/2015 @ 0417z
Old Man International SideBand Society
Current Working Awards
The Scrabble Award is earned by accumulating 500 points for contacts with call signs that spell out words having three or more letters. This award may be earned for contacts on bands for which OMISS operates a nets and times. Only one word allowed per call sign per band is allowed. Letters may be in any order (i.e. WA7NVT could be used for any of these words WANT, ANT, TAN, VAT, etc, but only one word per band). Numbers 1, 5, and 0 could substitute for the letters I, S, and O (WA1TER could be used as WAITER but would only count for the maximum of 5 points). Contacts must be made on OMISS nets and times. Non member contacts count for this award. QSL cards NOT required.
Points needed = 500
Current points = 116
Points remaining = 384
100 OM Number Award – Green Edition
To achieve this award, an OMISS member must work 100 OM members and using the last two digits of their OM membership number shall then complete a list from 00 to 99. This must be done on OMISS net frequencies, during net times, and completed in more than one year’s time on a single band.
Total OM Numbers already logged = 67
Total OM Numbers remaining = 33
100 OM Number Award – Gold Edition
To achieve this award, an OMISS member must work 100 OM members and using the last two digits of their OM membership number shall then complete a list from 00 to 99. This must be done on OMISS net frequencies, during net times, and completed in one year’s time on a single band.
Total OM Numbers already logged = 46
Total OM Numbers remaining = 54
ESPRIT de MILITARY
Work 12 OMISS Members who have served, or are now serving, in the Military of the United States of America. All contacts must be made on net frequencies during net times. Mixed band contacts are authorized. Endorsements for working each additional 12 OMISS Military members. Endorsements of 12 shall be referred to as "Squad" endorsements. After the 36th contact (3 Squads), the award may be endorsed for the "Platoon" endorsement. Three Platoons (108 contacts) may be endorsed for a “Company”. Three Companies (324 contacts) may be endorsed for a “Battalion”.
SPECIAL NOTE: When you have paid the fees to reach the Battalion level, you will receive a Battalion Commander Desk Plate.
Current stage of this award held = 1st Platoon
Number of contacts remaining to reach Battalion Commander status = 284
Military Service Unit Award
Work 25 OMISS Members who have served, or are now serving, in the Army, Air Force, Marine Corps, Navy, and/or Coast Guard of the United States of America. There are 5 awards, one for EACH branch of service!
Remaining number of members needed = 15
Remaining number of members needed = 9
US Marine Corps
Remaining number of members needed = 20
US Air Force
Remaining number of members needed = 11
US Coast Guard
Remaining number of members needed = 25
First Responder Award
The First Responders Award is to recognize those who are serving or have served their communities as Police Officers, Firefighters, EMT/ Paramedics or Dispatchers, similar to recognition shown in the Military Award except that it shall be worldwide.
Number of First Responders remaining for award = 10
This is an achievement type of award and consists of four parts to complete the award. The rules are as follows:
* All contacts must be made with OMISS Members. Contacts made with non members will only count if that person becomes an OMISS Member. Contacts must be on OMISS net times and frequencies.
* NO OMISS MEMBER NUMBER MAY BE USED MORE THAN ONCE AND EACH CERTIFICATE MUST BE APPLIED FOR TO COMPLETE THIS AWARD
* Add the OMISS Membership numbers together until you reach a total of 250,000 or more then apply for the first certificate.
* Add OMISS Member numbers until you reach a total of 500,000, or more and apply for second certificate.
* Add OMISS Member numbers until you reach a total of 750,000, or more and apply for third certificate.
* Add OMISS Member numbers until you reach a total of 1,000,000 or more and apply for fourth certificate.
* For those who wish to do a little extra math, if your total is exactly the amount of each certificate applied for then there will be a gold seal added to the certificate.
Current Millionaire Award held = Millionaire Award - $750k – Endorsed for Exact Amount
Amount of OM Numbers needed for next level = 201, 930
To qualify for this award, contact a total of 42 different OM Member call signs. The last letter of the suffix of the call signs must spell out the name: OM INTERNATIONAL SIDEBAND SOCIETY INCORPORATED, a total of 42 letters.
Remaining unique QSOs needed to complete award = 4
3x Oscar as last letter
1x India as last letter
Worked All States – Basic Award – 20m Band
WAS Basic Award. Work all 50 states of the USA on mixed bands of the OMISS Net.
Endorsements available for single bands. Early 40m net (0100z to 0300z). Late 40m net (after 0300z)
Early 80m net (0200z to 0500z) Late 80m net (after 0500z).
Remaining number of states needed = 4
Work 50 OMISS members who hold the special membership certificates issued only during the year 2000, starting with member #3930 and ending with member #4134. Endorsements for working 75, 100, and 125 members holding the 2000 membership certificates are available.
Number of Y2K members worked to date = 1
Remaining number of Y2K members needed for award = 49
Father Time Award
Work 25 OMISS Members that have membership numbers between 1-2999 in the following manner:
* 5 MEMBERS BETWEEN 1-1000 [Remaining number needed = 2]
* 5 MEMBERS BETWEEN 1001-1500 [Remaining number needed = 4]
* 5 MEMBERS BETWEEN 1501-2000 [Remaining number needed = 2]
* 5 MEMBERS BETWEEN 2001-2500 [Remaining number needed = 3]
* 5 MEMBERS BETWEEN 2501-2999 [Remaining number needed = 5]
*****NOTICE***** ALL Award sample images on this page are Copyright © OMISS.net *****NOTICE*****